A few of my clients express to me that they just don’t have the time to workout. First, I want to stress that working out will get you faster results. Not only that, when you start to see results, you will fall in love with working out at the gym. With that being said, what you put in your body and take out is more important than anything (besides your mindset, of course)! In order for you to burn more calories, you have to be more aware of your daily routine. This is a must, if your aren’t specifically dedicating time to workout. As a quick disclaimer, I feel anyone can make time to workout. Since you asked, I’m here to deliver. I’ve come up with a few ideas on how to burn more calories in your daily routine without stepping a foot inside of a gym.
Recommended Products to Purchase:
- Step Counter or Fitbit: Keep track all your steps. Be aware of where you’re at throughout the day.
- Light ankle weights
- Light wrist weights
- NRG supplements: all natural supplement (located under the health & wellness category)
- Natural Energy- No jitters or crash
- Appetite suppressant- Take when you’re hungry and your appetite will literally vanish!
- Burns an extra 300-500 calories without the workout
- Provide clarity and mental focus
- Calorie Calculator: I like the lose it app but my fitness pal is good too.
20 Ways to Burn Calories within Your Daily Routine…. Without going to the gym:
- Park as far as you can and walk.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Does your job require you to communicate with others? Stop calling them on the phone and walk to their cubicle or office.
- Schedule more physical activities. Instead of meeting a friend for margaritas, meet at the park for a walk.
- Sit at a desk all day? Do leg raises. Add weights when that gets too easy.
- Work in a huge building such as a warehouse or plant? Every hour take a lap around the establishment. Furthermore, set your alarm to remind you.
- Stop sitting down so much. Have meetings? Stand the entire time….or however long you can.
- Lift more at work. Stop depending on using dollies and other people for assistance. For example, try carrying those books by yourself. Try carrying that file box by yourself…but don’t hurt yourself.
- Download apps to get short workouts in.
- Do your favorite exercise during commercial breaks.
- Every time you talk on the phone, stand up or go on a walk. If you are really engaged in the conversation, you will not even think about the walking.
- As you run your bath water, jog in place or do some type of activity.
- Get more physical when you’re having intercourse with your loved one. Yes, I said it!
- Bring your groceries in the house one bag at a time.
- Cut your own grass.
- Play with your kids more. I’ve found jumping on the trampoline is one heck of a work out! I also like to lift my 2 year old.
- Wash your car by hand.
- As you are cooking, life heavy pots in the kitchen. Work your way to lifting that heavy crock pot.
- Stop using the drive through and get out of the car. Examples are picking up prescriptions at a pharmacy or using the bank drive through. I didn’t include fast food because we aren’t about that life!
- Lift anything heavy as much as you can. Before you cut that watermelon, lift it as much as you can. Taking a heavy roast out of the freezer? Lift it. About to wash clothes and have a full box or bottle of detergent? Lift it! About to vacuum? Lift it.
- If you do sit, do wall sits instead or sit on a stability ball to work your core muscles.
- When certain task become too easy, add weights such as the ankle or wrist weights.
- In addition, drink plenty of water!
You can indeed lose weight without working out everyday in a gym…. so get excited! Since you are not working out, you have to be more aware of your daily activities. As a result, think of what you’re doing throughout the day and add in extra exercises. Set a timer on your watch as a reminder. What’s important is that you are actively burning those calories. As a result, you are still making progress!
What are some other ways you can think of to lose weight? Comment below. If you found this article helpful please share to help others! Thanks in advance!20 ways to burn calories within your daily routine #fitness #fitmom #healthylifestyle Click To Tweet