My Thought Process Has Changed
My “way of thinking” has seriously changed since we changed our lifestyle to living on a budget. As I further educate myself on becoming a millionaire, I laugh at some of the dumb things I use say. Today, I realize just how
stupid uneducated I was about money. It’s so funny that I seriously believed those things. Have you ever felt like you were looking at yourself from the outside in and not even recognizing that person? I thank God; I’m no longer that person. With that being said, I want to share some of those horrible, destructive statements with you. If you believe in any of the statements that I share, I suggest you to think long and hard about removing them out of your life.
My New Mindset
- Look at those pair of shoes. Look at that purse. I’m buying it all. I deserve it. I work hard.
- No babygirl, you deserve to be debt free. You deserve to have a paid off car and mortgage.
- I’m not in debt. I don’t have bill collectors calling me.
- Being in debt is when you owe money…..period. Some examples are school loans, car loans, mortgage ect…. Just because you aren’t behind, you are still in debt!
- I will always have a mortgage and a car note as long as I live.
- The hell I will! Once I pay off my car, we are paying the house off. Making extra payments to the principal takes years of interest off. Keeping up with trends will keep you broke. Buy because you need, not because you want.
- I’m good. I can afford monthly payments.
- We tend to only look at monthly payments instead of the end result. The key to obtaining wealth is to not owe someone and to live below your means. Can you imagine keeping your entire paycheck, beside your continuous bills (light, water, ect..)?
- I can buy all of this because it was super cheap.
- Yeah, but that super cheap stuff adds up…….especially when you buying all the time. When you combine the cost of all those inexpensive (or sale) items for a year, you will see that could have easily been extra payments to your debt.
- Tomorrow is not promised.
- Being careless with your money is promised to being broke. Are you one emergency away from being broke? Do you have an emergency fund set up if something does happen?
- This is my time off. I don’t cook on the weekends.
- Not cooking on weekends has caused us to spend a lot of unnecessary money on eating out. When you are spending unnecessary money, you are robbing yourself. That money could have went to paying off our debt or towards retirement.
- I could never be a millionaire.
- Being a millionaire is the total of your net worth (your assets minus liabilities). You don’t have to have an income of millions of dollars to become a millionaire. When you put together the total of everything that you own (minus what you owe) and it equals to a million or more then guess what? You’re a millionaire. Since our goals are to live debt free, invest, plus own real estate, being a millionaire is more than possible.
Are You Guilty?
Are you guilty of making these statements or feeling this way? Don’t feel bad if you do. Today is a new start to getting a grip on your life and your finances. This is not a finance blog, but a lifestyle blog. As I grow on this journey of financial freedom, you’re best to believe I’m taking my crew (you) with me. We are on this journey together. If you have no clue what I’m talking about read I am no longer a beauty and fashion blogger.
Never miss out on future content by signing up here!
8 Stupid Things I’ve Said About Money In My Past first appeared on www.thelifeshecreated.com