December is here and it’s time to reflect on November. I did amazing in some areas and not so much in others. I did a good job on my financial goals and selling products. The blog suffered at the beginning of the month because I didn’t release many articles. I was torn mentally on the direction I wanted to go forward. I finally decided to go with my heart and completely change the focus of this blog. You can read the heart-felt article here. After that article, The Life She Created Blog has been doing phenomenal!
I will not continue to do these Monthly Goals articles because they are starting to be redundant and repetitive. For the most part, my monthly goals don’t change. My weekly and daily tasks may be another story….but that would be too much (and too personal). Comment below if you have any ideas. I am definitely open to suggestions.
Don’t think that you will be missing out on anything. Milestones will definitely be shared here because my intent is to show you “How I did It”. You will see that I’m not just blowing hot air and actually doing what I say. The goal of this blog is to HELP, MOTIVATE, and INFLUENCE.
November 2016 Goals Recap
Finance Goals: We are currently on Dave Ramsey’s baby step #2 where we are paying off our debt which is our car.
- Pay at least an extra $500 on my car. Fail- A blogpost is coming as to why… A big shocker!
- Complete refinancing the house into a 15 year mortgage. Still working on this. They are taking forever! geesh
- Eat out only two times out of the month. Complete
- Work any overtime that’s available. No overtime was available.
- Start Christmas shopping. I started this somewhat.
- Read 1-2 Financial books. Completed
- Investing for Dummies by Eric Tyson, MBA
- Retiring Well on a Poor Man’s Budget- 1001 Ways to Stretch Your Income and Enjoy Your Golden Years by FC&A Publishing
Business Goals (I sell on Poshmark, eBay, and in Facebook Groups. I’m also an ItWorks Ambassador):
- Add at least 10 items per week for my retail business. Complete. I actually sold a lot of items in November. I’m so proud of myself!
Follow up with potential IW clients. Send out samples to potential IW clients.
- Start a business fb group helping others grow their business or side hustle (I started this today and you can join here. You don’t have to already have a business or side hustle yet.) This didn’t turn out like I planned. This may have been a bad idea.
- Read 1-2 books on online selling. Fail
- Starting an eBay Business for Dummies by Marsha Collier
- Create 1-2 printables. Fail
- Host a giveaway for my VIP readers. You can subscribe for free here. Complete
Publish one fashion-on-a-budget outfit post per week.
- Social Media scheduling…. Complete
- Begin working on an ebook. Fail
- Read 1-2 books on blogging, business, and influencing. Fail
- Becoming a Person of Influence by John C Maxwell and Jim Dornan
- Workout 3-4 times a week. Fail
- Meditate and pray for at least 30 minutes a day. Didn’t do this everyday
- Attend one conference or event. Fail
- Do something nice for someone. Complete
- Journal Complete
- Schedule a meetup for my local social group. Complete
- Order a new planner for 2017. Complete
Marriage and Family Goals (FYI: I’m married with a 1 year old son and a 6 year old daughter.):
- Go on at least one mommy-daughter date. Complete
- Bring kids to the pumpkin patch to take pictures. Fail
- Have one sleepover for Jellybean (my daughter). She had a few.
- Visit the library once a month with Jellybean. Fail
- Read a book with Jellybean at bedtime. Not every night.
- Start doing some romantic things out of this book for the hubby. Fail
Don’t forget to sign up here so you don’t miss out on any articles or giveaway.