Belly fat has been my biggest problem since having kids. “Skinny fat” may be a term that you are familiar with. It’s a small frame person with a problem area. You don’t necessarily have excess fat all over your body (that can be seen, anyway).
Because of this issue, I was the queen of waist trainers. Some days I would be bigger than others. The reason was because of bloating, constipation, or just because I decided to eat that entire huge baked potato.
I have been going to the gym consistently since January of this year (2017). No, it wasn’t a New Year’s Resolution at all. It just happened to be the time that my ankle healed. I’ve been pretty consistent, except before (and on) vacation that we went on in July. Normally, I workout 3-4 times a week. Before and on vacation, I probably worked out 1-2 times a week. I was super busy before we left and while on vacation, I just wasn’t worried about it. When we returned, I hit the ground with both feet running. There was no way that I was going to lose all the progress that I’ve made with my body.
How I Lost the Belly Fat
- Cut back on the carbs: I eat very few carbs and I consume them early in the day. You will not catch me eating rice, pasta, or bread for dinner. For dinner, I mostly eat vegetables and meat. I like to add an egg if I’m really hungry. A few times throughout the year, I went on the Atkins diet where your body goes into a ketosis state. I don’t recommend this if you are working out a lot. You will need more carbs to burn. Read about my scary experience here.
- Watch your portion control: A trick that I’ve found really helpful is to eat off of a smaller plate. Truthfully, if you have a killer workout, you’re not going to want to eat a ton of food anyway.
- Cardio is your friend: You can’t just lose your stomach alone. Trust me. I researched and asked a ton of professionals. In order to lose your belly fat, you have to work out your entire body. The fastest way in doing this is cardio. Cardio literally melts your fat off! I heard on a youtube video that if you only do strength training, you will still get abs. You just will not be able to see them under the lining of fat which is on the surface.
- Be Consistent: You don’t have to technically be inside of a gym to do cardio. I personally prefer being in a gym. Whatever you decide, be consistent! I have a rule that I go by that keeps me consistent. It’s silly, but it works for me. I wrote about it here.
- Detox is a must: I’ve never went to the bathroom regularly. Constipation is something I’ve dealt with all of my life. If you have this problem, you are literally carrying around that poop. STOP IT!! When I was younger, I took a lot of laxatives until I found out how dangerous they were. Today, I drink detox tea twice a day. The one I drink is all natural and taste like water. You can get the sachet that makes a gallon or you can purchase the instant tea for on-the-go. Purchase them here. The tea is very gentle and gets rid of belly bloat. To be honest, I can’t even tell when my monthly friend is coming anymore. In the past, I would get so bloated that I knew she was coming. My husband could even tell when she was coming. It’s my promise to you that I no longer have that problem at all! Boy, this makes me sooo happy.
- Make water you bestie: Stop drinking sugary caffeinated drinks. When I’m at work, I drink a ton of water. For lunch and dinner, I drink my detox tea. If anything, I may drink one soda a month if we go out to eat, but it’s just not worth it. When you’re enjoying those bubbles from soda (or pop), remember all of those bubble filling your belly up. I work too hard for temporary enjoyment from soda. Now that I’m thinking about it, I would much rather a glass of red wine lol! If you really hate drinking water, besides the detox tea, I recommend this.
I am pleased with my results and the time that it took for me to notice results. Some weeks will be awesome, on the other hand, some will not be. You will get tired but you have to make this a priority, if you want results. There has been times that I’ve went to the gym not feeling it at all. Once I get on that machine and my music is blasting through my beats, something takes over me. Remember, how long it took for you to get your body that way. Don’t expect overnight results! Be patient and you will see results! I promise!
If you would like more information on my health products or my network marketing business watch this and text me at 409-550-6330.