Almost every meal I share with you here on the blog is quick and easy. I’m not built to be in the kitchen all day. It’s just not my thing. I have so much respect for the chefs out there. A couple of days ago, I threw a meal together on snapchat. It got a lot of views and several request for the recipe after the 24 hours was up. Of course, I had to come through for you.
Before getting into the details, let me say that I do not measure my food, therefore I can not give you any measurements. It’s okay….You won’t need them.
- frozen vegetables (I used mixed bell peppers)
- chicken breast
- Cook your chicken breast in a skillet. I used coconut oil to cook with and salt-free seasoning.
- Add in your washed mushrooms and your defrosted bell peppers.
- After your vegetables are cooked, add in a handful of spinach. Remember to add enough because they will cook down. Steam for a minute or so.
- Cook your quinoa according to the package instructions in a small pot. You can also use brown rice.
- When done, add the chicken and vegetables on the quinoa in a bowl. Top with salsa and some avocado.
- Mix everything together and enjoy!
You can make this meal in so many different variations. The key ingredients are: vegetables, meat and quinoa (brown rice). Comment below with your own favorite mixture.