It’s that time again. Buckle up your seatbelt, put on your favorite pair of sunnies and apply some bold red lipstick. We are coming up on 2018 in full swing. Now, is definitely the time to evaluate your current situation, the direction you’re on, and the progress made so far. It’s also time to take out the trash. Yes, throw it out and never look back. I want to share six types of garbage, you should delete out of your life ASAP! By doing this you will be closer to having a better life in 2018.
Garbage to Leave Behind In 2017
- Toxic Relationships (Including Friends): Toxic relationships has a domino effect. That relationship will most likely infect all other aspects in your life whether its a friend or lover. I used the word “infect” intentionally because toxic relationships remind me of a disease. It seeps into your job, your mood, your daily activities and even other relationships. Toxic relationships also prevents growth in your personal goals and personal development. How can you aim to have a better life with those relationships in your way? A toxic relationship is a disease that infects all parts of life. Click To Tweet
- Negativity & Gossip: When a person is negative and constantly gossiping, they are blocking their own blessings. Sometimes I sit back and read the comments on Facebook and I start to feel sorry for some people. Do you know a person can be negative so often that they don’t even realize how negative they are? I’m sure you know someone like this! This one adjustment can change life dramatically.
- Living in Debt: I didn’t know how horrible this was until this year (2017). My normal included car notes, credit card debt, ect… until I was introduced Dave Ramsey. Let me be the first to tell you how much better life is without owing anyone money before getting paid. We literally don’t have any bills except our mortgage and our reoccurring monthly bills. By not living in debt, we are free to do so much more with our money. We are currently paying off our house to rent it out as an extra stream of passive income. Kick debt to the curve. That means stop buying stuff just because you can. Stop increasing your lifestyle when your income increases. Live off of less! There may be one thing killing your finances. Read about it here. I also suggest to follow and read books from millionaires.
- Procrastination: If it’s been on your mind, do it. Too often people share what they want to do rather than doing it. Talk is cheap. Begin your blog. Record that video for youtube. Start that business. Just start! Maybe you don’t have clue…. Here I’ve come up with 50 side hustles to try or join me in business. I’ll love to coach you into being an online influencer and health coach. More information here.
- Anger & Grudges: This is just one more thing weighing you down. Regardless of the situation, forgive and move the hell on. Nobody had the energy or time to invest in a person who has rubbed you the wrong way….not even you. If someone has wronged you, why give them any part of you? Most of the time, they don’t even know how pissed you are anywway. Move on girlfriend. You will lose 10 pounds instantly after you release that dead weight.
- Ignoring Your Health: By no means am I saying to get skinny! Pay attention to your health and daily habits, especially if you are in your 30s and above. So many of us are more worried about our clothes than our bodies. Being a healthy freak isn’t necessary, but be more cautious of the things your are putting in your body. Burn a few calories here and there. I even have an article on how to lose the calories without actually working out. Read it here.
Aim for a Better Life in 2018
I didn’t mention everything, but this is a good start. Nevertheless, we all can agree that we share a common goal. That is to have a better life in 2018, no matter where we are right now. You definitely can’t achieve much bringing garbage with you into the new year. I’m rooting for you always. Let’s make a toast and cheer to having a better life in 2018!
For my ladies who wants or has a business or side hustle, I would love for you to join my Facebook group Mommies Who Side Hustle. See you on the other side!