Girlboss has been by far, one of the best book that I’ve read this year. Sophia, the founder and CEO of Nasty Gal shares her journey of how her business became an ultimate success in 8 years. I have to admit that I purchased Girlboss about 6 months after if came out. I had been meaning to get it, but was hesitant for some reason. I guess because of many bloggers was raving about it. Anyhoot, I finally got my hands on the infamous Girlboss novel and……wowzers! I couldn’t put the book down. I started to question myself as to why I enjoyed it so much. I always have to analyze everything. I jotted down a few notes and decided to share it with you all. I have found 5 reasons why I absolutely love Girlboss and could totally reread the book over and over.
1. It is an easy read. I love how she narrirates Girlboss. I feel like I am talking with a girlfriend, rather reading a book. She is very down to earth, funny, with a bit of sarcasm at times. She also includes a few curse words here and there, but nothing overwhelming.
2. She has great and do-able tips in Girlboss. She gives a lot of advice that an average person could take advantage of. The next time I read the book, I am breaking out the highlighters. The tips that she gives can be used for other goals besides opening a successful online store. You could totally use many of her tips in blogging, college, or a new job. It’s all about the motivation and the tools to “get up off your butt”. If you want it, work for it.
3. I touched on this in #2 but mostly everything she did was realistic. She didn’t start off with a ton of money or had friends in the fashion industry. She worked her way up from the bottom…….the very bottom. She did things that me and you could easily do. For example, she started off modeling her items in front of her garage door.
4. The personal stories from her and her team members kept my attention. I love how I got different views about the same journey, but from team members. I felt like I got the complete circle of success, rather than coming from one point of view. Her team members who has grown with Sophia and the company provide great tips as well.
5. Last, but most importantly, Girlboss is freaking interesting! Sophia has an amazing testimony that includes: dumpster diving, stealing, bad credit, and still feeling like an outcast when she became successful. Some people who has reached her success would not be so forthcoming in my opinion.
Have you read Girlboss? What did you enjoy about it?Pin It